Before SharePoint migration basic information you have to collect and list it out as a migration checklist. It will give idea to understand the challenges and help you to plan migration strategy.
- SharePoint Current Version
- Number Of Web Application
- Is destination environment ready
- Do you want to keep same SharePoint Site structure?
- Any legal hold type of policy applied on the sites
- Do all Files need to be migrated?
- Known issues in the farm if any?
- When the farm was recently patched?
- How are the user identities synced from on-premises AD to Azure AD?
- Total number of users? Number of concurrent users?
- is there any 3rd party web parts
- Site template types
- Is there any workflow created
- Do you use SharePoint designer for workflow?
- Do you use infopath form ?
- Any page customization?
- Please provide the list of all 3rd party software’s that has been integrated with SharePoint (Ex: Ninetex Workflow, Doc Ave & Boldon James etc.)
- If we have apps deployed to the app catalog, then detailed description about those apps?5. What kind of apps are they? Provider hosted, Auto –hosted or SharePoint hosted?
- List of custom scripts running on the SharePoint servers and its purpose
- How Branding is applied, what’s being done? (Feature staplers/custom site definitions/Themes/Custom CSS, Master pages, etc.)
- Do we have a SharePoint developer/developer team who takes care of all the development related tasks and if yes his/her details?
- Do external user have access to content in SharePoint
- How are those external accounts managed?
- If the SharePoint sites are made available to internet/ external sharing what’s the authentication mechanism followed for that?